Martynenko Alexander Valentinovitch, Doctor of historical sciences, professor, sub-department of general history, Mordovian State Pedagogical Institute (11a Studencheskaya street, Saransk, Russia), email@example.com
Background. The urgency of studying the Ismail Gasprinsky’s concept is due to the cultural revival of Islam in Modern Russia. This revival has a significant impact not only on the confessional situation, but also on the formation of the all-Russian identity, citizenship and patriotism.
Materials and methods. The article is based on the published works of Ismail Gasprinsky. The work uses the civilizational methodology, which is based on a deep analysis of the religious heritage as a civilizational foundation of a particular country or epoch.
Results. Based on the Ismail Gasprinsky’s creative heritage, the author analyzed the influence of Jadid ideas on formation of patriotic values and the all-Russian identity among Russian Muslims.
Conclusions. The influence of the ideas of Jadids (in particular Ismail Gasprinsky) on the modern Muslim Ummah of Russia is quite large, thus allows us to speak about their important role in shaping the all-Russian civil identity.
1. Martynenko A. V. Vospitanie detey mladshego vozrasta v usloviyakh polikul'turnogo sotsiuma: sb. st. [Fostering infants in a multicultural society: collected papers]. Saransk, 2013, pp. 357–361.
2. Martynenko A. V. Polikul'turnyy dialog v sovremennom mire: sb. st.: v 2 ch. [The multinational dialogue in the modern world: collected paper: in 2 volumes]. Saransk, 2012, part 2, pp. 11–15.
3. Islam v Evrazii. Sovremennye eticheskie i esteticheskie kontseptsii sunnitskogo islama, ikh transformatsiya v massovom soznanii i vyrazhenie v iskusstve musul'manskikh narodov Rossii [Islam in Eurasia. Modern ethic and aesthetic concepts of Sunnism, their transformation in mass consciousness and expression in culture of Muslim peoples of Russia]. Ed. M. V. Iordan. Moscow: Progress-Traditsiya, 2001, 516 p.
4. Gasprinskiy I. Russko-vostochnoe soglashenie. Mysli, zametki i pozhelaniya Ismaila Gasprinskogo [The Russian-Eastern agreement. Thoughts, notes and desires of Ismail Gasprinsky]. Bakhchisaray, 1896, 20 p.
5. Akhmedov A. Sotsial'naya doktrina islama [The Islamic social doctrine]. Moscow: Izd-vo politicheskoy literatury, 1982, 270 p.
6. Gasprinskiy I. Islam v Rossiyskoy imperii. Zakonodatel'nye akty, opisaniya, statistika [Islam in the Russian Empire. Legislative acts, description, statistics]. Moscow, 2001, pp. 335–343.